1. A new bed: Tired of waking up...well, tired? Consider ditching your old bed for a new one (go crazy -- get the king-size!). Oh, and get a new mattress while you’re at it. You’ll thank us later.
2. A dining room table: Splurge on something the whole family can enjoy for years to come (literally).
3. A new entertainment center: ’Cause nothing says I love you to a man quite like a new home for his Xbox.
4. A bar: Class up your hosting act with a new bar or credenza.
5. A desk: If they’re a work-at-home type (or the type to spend hours on the computer), get them a work space they can be proud of.
6. A new couch: Has your partner always wanted a new leather couch? Now’s the time.
7. Patio furniture: If your spouse loves to entertain (or grill) more than anything, consider a new look for your outdoor area.
8. A bookcase: Got a bibliophile on your hands? Give them a showcase for their treasures.
9. A kitchen island: If they love the kitchen and need more counter space, consider opting for this space-optimizing addition.
10. His and hers dressers: Sometimes a happy marriage is where you keep certain things separate. Like his boxers.
11. A coffee table: ’Cause that one from IKEA just doesn’t seem to be cutting it anymore.
12. Entryway furniture: A coat rack or a bench for odds and ends will make your house seem a bit homier.
13. A hutch: Hey, remember that heirloom china you got back in the day? (Yep, the set still in the attic.) Put those treasures on display.
14. An overstuffed chair: Have them sit back and relax.
15. Pretty folding chairs: Why? Well, you never have enough seating when you have others over, and breaking out those metal folding chairs from the garage has become just a bit depressing.