1. Engraved rings: It’s (probably) been twenty years since you two exchanged engagement and wedding rings. Time for some new platinum bands – engraved with special anniversary messages. (Or any other piece of platinum jewelry, really.)
2. Cufflinks: Platinum is a very strong metal, so these babies should last a long time, no matter how rough he is on them.
3. Countertop appliances: Platinum-colored items count, so get that sophisticated espresso maker you’ve both been wanting.
4. Platinum-colored lingerie: Lace is fantastic, but some elements – like a shimmery metallic color – can make lingerie even hotter!
5. Coin collection: If your sweetie is already a collector – or you think he or she might want to be – pick up a platinum coin collector starter set. Platinum coins are very valuable, and their value grows greatly over time.
6. Platinum home accessories: Its shiny silver finish can add a touch of luxe to any room.
7. Platinum-embellished china table setting: Combine both traditional items – genius!
8. China table setting: It’s been twenty years; time for a new set of “good china.”
9. Home accessories: China is delicate, and that’s part of its charm. Pick up a piece for the home that you can display with pride – maybe even the beginning of a collection – and be sure to house it in a safe spot.
10. Napkin rings: A sweet ways to kick up your table style.
11. Picture frame: Frame an old photo from when you first met, and present it in a gorgeous china frame.
12. Vase: Fill it gorgeous metallic blooms (they exist!) or your S.O.’s favorite flowers.
13. Tea set: Class up your tea parties!
14. Keepsake mug: Your morning coffee will never be the same drunk from a vessel made of china.
15. A bell: To symbolize wedding bells (get it?!).
16. Trip to China: If you have the funds – and you might by now – interpret this traditional material in a different way, and book a trip to the Far East!