Use a Wire Whip for Tiramisu
7 egg yolks
7 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup sweet Marsala wine
8 oz. mascarpone, softened
1 cup cold whipping cream
48 ladyfingers (buy at store) 1 1/4 cups brewed espresso at room temperature
1/4 cup rum
1 tsp. vanilla
2 oz. semisweet chocolate, grated
1. Beat eggs and sugar on Speed 6 until thick. Set mixer bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Add Marsala and cook, whisking, until doubled in volume. Remove from heat and stir in mascarpone. Transfer to another bowl.
2. Refrigerate mixer bowl/whip. Beat whipping cream in chilled mixer bowl on Speed 8 until soft peaks form. Fold into mascarpone.
3. Dip 24 ladyfingers in a mix of espresso, rum and vanilla. Layer in baking dish with mascarpone; repeat. Sprinkle with chocolate. Refrigerate 2 hours. Serves 8.
Use a Flat Beater for Swedish Meatballs
1/2 cup minced onion
1/3 cup unsalted butter, divided
1 lb. ground boneless beef chuck
8 oz. ground boneless veal shoulder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbl. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups beef stock
Cooked rice or noodles
1. In a skillet, sauté onion with 1 Tbl. butter, 4 minutes.
2. Add gound beef chuck and the next 7 ingredients (through pepper) and onion, to mixer bowl. Mix well on Stir.
3. Roll meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Saute meatballs in 2 Tbl. butter until browned. Transfer to a platter. Melt 2 Tbl. butter in the skillet. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
4. Add stock. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, return meatballs to skillet, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles. Serves 4.
Use a Flat Beater + Dough Hook for Scallion Pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup light soy sauce
2 Tbl. rice vinegar
1 Tbl. grated ginger root
1 Tbl. granulated sugar
1 Tbl. plus 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
3/4 cup sliced scallions (aka green onions)
3 Tbl. vegetable oil, divided
Soy and sesame dipping sauce
1. Place flour and salt in mixer bowl. Slowly add boiling water and beat on Speed 2, mixing until a ball is formed. Remove beater and attach dough hook. Knead 1 minute on Speed 2. Remove bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let mixture rest for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sugar and 1 Tbl. sesame oil.
3. Divide dough in half. Working on floured surface, roll out dough in a circle 1/4-inch thick. Brush on 1 tsp. sesame oil and press half the scallions into the pancake. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. In a large skillet, heat 11/2 Tbl. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add pancake and brown on both sides, turning once, 5 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining pancake. Sprinkle with coarse salt and cut into wedges. Serve with dipping sauce. Makes 32 wedges.
See More: Buying Appliances , Cooking Q&A