1. Your wedding gifts are still taking over your living room.
Photo by Veer
Okay, so you haven’t figured out where to put your new china. No big deal. But add to that the bedding, kitchen appliances, and random gifts and it’s clear why you can't find the couch!
2. Your bathroom has more products than a CVS.
Do you really need six different facial moisturizers, four bottles of hair glossing spray, and a year’s supply of tampons on hand at all times? We didn’t think so.
3. You store your silverware in the dishwasher.
Holding out on buying a $10.50 plastic tray to keep your utensils separated in a drawer doesn’t exactly make you a budgeting pro. Besides, you have to be getting sick of wondering whether the fork you just picked up is clean or dirty.
4. You use the trunk of your car as a second closet.
It’s one thing to keep a pair of gym clothes in your car in case you’re inspired to hit the treadmill after work. It’s a whole other deal to wake up in the morning, grab a cup of coffee, and head out to the driveway to pick out what to wear for the day.
5. You own two copies of Reality Bites.
No matter how much you love watching Winona Ryder dance to “My Sharona”, multiple VHS copies are not necessary. Especially if you no longer own a VHS player.
6. You keep tax returns, X-mas ornaments, and college tees in a box labeled “Stuff.”
Throwing your swag in a box doesn’t mean it’s organized. Sorting out the W-2s from the holiday light strands isn't fun, but you'll be glad you did.
7. Your cabinets are packed with canned foods from the Y2K scare.
Storing cans, boxes, and bags of food in your pantry because you “might use them one day” for “that casserole thingy” doesn’t make much sense when the cans are topped with dust and you don’t own a casserole dish.
8. You can’t shut one dresser drawer without opening another.
Not only does a packed dresser make it harder to find what you’re looking for, it also leaves your clothes wrinkly (and, really, who likes to iron?).
9. Your closet is giving you a concussion.
Maybe that’s a little dramatic, but you’re a bit tired of getting clobbered in the head with a stiletto every time you open the door.
10. You have more things stored under your bed than in your garage.
Randomly tossing items under your bed because you don’t want to think about a better storage option is frustration waiting to happen (ahem, like when you’re looking for that cute yellow sundress you shoved under there last October).
Organization comes first, then comes style-- find decor inspiration in our gallery.
See More: Cleaning & Organizing , Decor Tricks , Decor Trends , Home Repairs