Tackling bathroom grit and grime may not be how you like to spend your weekend, but hey, it must be done. Here's how to do it fast:
- Shower: Spray shower/tub with a scrub-free cleanser. Let it stand 10 minutes.
- Mirrors: Use glass cleaner and wipe with newsprint.
- Countertops: Wipe down the vanity and counters with an all-purpose disinfectant.
- Toilet: Spray all outside surfaces and lid with a disinfectant spray; then squeeze in bowl cleaner and let it sit 10 minutes. Flush.
- Sink: The faucet and fixture can be polished with a microfiber cloth. For the basin, a cloth dampened with white vinegar will do the trick.
- Floors: Mop with 1 gallon of plain water mixed with a squirt of dishwashing soap.
- Medicine chest: Toss what's old or expired and wipe down the shelves.
- Showerhead: Fill a zip-top bag with white vinegar and attach it to the showerhead with a rubber band. The next morning, clean it with a toothbrush.
Tricks of the Trade:
- Before you go to bed, pour 1 cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl. When you wake up the next day, brush and flush.
- Let the hot water run in your shower for a couple of minutes before you dive in with your scrub brush. The steam will loosen dirt and grime.
- Mix 1 part chlorine bleach with 10 parts water, brush it onto moldy grout with an old soft-bristled toothbrush, let it sit for 10 minutes, then scour with the brush.
- Prevent stubborn water spots on your shower door by coating the glass with Rain-X. The water will bead up and roll off.
- Got ring-around-the-bowl? Rub a pumice stick around the porcelain.
- Throw moldy shower liners into the wash along with an old towel to loosen soap scum; run with hot water. Hang to air dry.
Nestperts Jerri Farris, author of Home Improvement 101, and Donna Smallin, author of Cleaning Plain & Simple.
>> Get more expert cleaning tips
>> Get more home decor solutions
See More: Cleaning & Organizing , Decor Tricks