- Paint your walls with soothing, neutral colors or lighter tones.
- Consider an open glass shower. If that’s too much of an expense, upgrade to a really luxurious showerhead that has several options for water pressure.
- Hang art that’s suitably protected from moisture in your bathroom.
- Spring for big, thick towels... big, thick robes… big, thick slippers… you get where we’re going here.
- Keep it as uncluttered as possible, and then arrange whatever must remain out in attractive containers like wooden baskets.
- If you’re picking out a new bathtub, make sure it’s really deep, with a lot of room for soaking and relaxing.
- A trick hotels often use: making the whole wall behind the sink into a mirror. It makes the room look bigger.
Nestpert: Jay Nuhring, a Minnesota-based designer.
Now that Your Bathroom is Plush, Learn How to Clean Your Bathroom.
See More: Decor Tricks , How to