Too much? Never. Vintage film stars were are all about lavishness and so were their homes. Bring some Hollywood glitz into your house with these tricks:
- When it comes to furniture, look for pieces topped with glass or covered in mirroring. Barrel chairs with curved backs are also a good choice, and an upholstered headboard is the ultimate. Think reflective surfaces or fabrics with little (or a lot) of sheen.
- Mirrors are huge. Look for gold, ornate, heavily ornamented mirrors for your walls…or take it even further and cover an entire wall with mirror.
- Vegans, beware: This era was all about animal hides. Zebra print anything and piles of mink throws are Hollywood regency must-haves. But there’s nothing wrong with a good fake.
- Gold, gold gold. Wherever you can add a bit more twinkle and gleam -- do so. More is more.
- For your walls, consider a bold, graphic, black-and-white pattern -- wallpaper would be perfect.
- In terms of fabrics, pastel velvets and silks perfectly fit the bill. Think luxury for both the eyes and fingertips.
Nestpert: Minnesota designer Jay Nuhring, author of the blog "Loving What You Have."
See More: Decor Trends , Decor Tricks , How to , Style Solutions