Just like in the rest of your home, a modern bathroom is sometimes synonymous with minimal and clean lines. Here’s how to get that simple, but fresh look:
- If you’re going to really splurge somewhere, put your money into an updated vanity like a freestanding sink with an attached glass counter. (Picture the bowl actually sitting on top of the counter.)
- Open shelving underneath your vanity will look modern but, yes, that does mean you’ll have to keep things pretty neat.
- Natural accents, used correctly, can give the right contrast to the clean, white lines of a modern bathroom. Think: Pebbles in the bottom of your sink or grass growing in a simple box.
- In terms of color, keep it -- what’s that catch phrase again? -- minimal, with a few bold accents, either with accessories or maybe one painted wall.
- If you don’t go the natural route, try industrial hardware accents.
- Stainless steel style is also very modern -- try using this material for sink legs and accessories.
Nestpert: Minnesota designer Jay Nuhring writes at reseedesign.blogspot.com
Get more style solutions from The Nest:
Fake a Bathroom Renovation
Nail Beachy Decor
Choose the Perfect Bathroom Sink
See More: Decor Tricks , How to , Style Solutions