Nesties Lauren and David, owners of the hip decor store CuriosityShoppeOnline.com, showed us how to make personalized his 'n hers pillows crafted from linen and colorful felt.
- 1 1/2 yards linen
- Four 8" x 10" pieces of different colored wool felt (ultrasuede or vinyl would also work -- any material that doesn’t fray when you cut it)
- Two 18" square pillow inserts
- Sewing machine
1. Cut out linen pieces (one 19" square and two 19" x 15" pieces per pillow).
2. Find a font you like and print out templates from any design or word processing program on your computer. We printed two versions of each letter; one slightly larger than the other. Cut out paper templates with scissors.
3. Pin letters to felt and carefully cut out with scissors.
4. Line up one of your larger letters in the center of a 19" square pillow front and pin. Machine or hand-stitch letter in place.
5. Pin smaller letter on top of larger letter and stitch.
6. For pillow back, fold over one long (19") edge on each of the two 19" x 15" pieces by half an inch, and press with a hot iron. Fold over again one inch and press, then stitch along the edge with your sewing machine.
7. Pin back pieces to front piece with right sides together. Make sure to line up edges so the smaller back pieces overlap by about 6".
8. Stitch around all four sides of pillow cover, and trim off excess material at corners before flipping it right-side out.
9. Insert pillow into cover, overlapping the two back flaps.
Get more DIY project ideas from the experts at The Nest
See More: Painting & DIY , Decor Trends , Decor Tricks , DIY , Style Solutions