1. Lightly sand the surface of the wood disk and the metal clock hands with your sandpaper.
2. Apply two coats of enamel to the hands, allowing them to dry completely between each coat.
3. Pick your favorite font and print out some numbers for the clock that measure approximately 1 inch. Lauren kept hers minimal and only used the number 12 for the face of her clock.
4. Cut out the numbers and trace onto your wood plaque using a pencil.
5. Using the finest tip on your wood burning tool, burn the outline of the number onto your plaque, taking care not to burn your fingers!
6. Drill a hole in the center of the plaque using the appropriately sized drill bit.
7. In a well-ventilated area, apply two coats of polyurethane to the wood, allowing it to dry completely between each coat.
8. Turn the disk over and insert the clock mechanism into the predrilled hole.
9. Following the instructions provided in the kit, attach the hour, minute, and second hands to the clock mechanism.
10. Set the time and then hang your clock on the wall. Nice work! Now you'll never be fashionably late again.
See More: Decor Tricks , DIY , How to