With the Dough Hook & Flat Beater
Makes 12 rolls.
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp active dry yeast
¼ cup warm whole milk
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut in 12 pieces
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely ground
11/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 tbsp whipping cream
- Prepare Dough: In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. In mixer bowl, stir yeast and milk. Let stand about 5 mins. Add eggs. Attach flat beater, set to Stir and mix. Increase to Speed 2 and mix in flour mixture, ½ cup at a time.
- Remove flat beater and attach dough hook. Set to Speed 2 and add butter one piece at a time. Continue kneading about 3 mins. Place dough in large bowl and cover with towel. Let rise about 1 ½ hours.
- Prepare Cinnamon Butter: Place brown sugar, flour, cinnamon salt and butter in clean mixer bowl. Remove dough hook and attach flat beater. Set to Speed 2 and mix until smooth.
- Uncover dough and work out air bubbles. Turn dough onto a floured board and roll out into 18”by 11” rectangle. Spread evenly with cinnamon butter, leaving 1” border and sprinkle with pecans. Roll dough jelly-roll style and pinch ends together. Cut into 12 pieces and place on pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 to 60 mins. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake until rolls are golden brown, about 35 mins. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 mins. 6. Prepare Glaze: In small bowl, whisk together sugar and whipping cream. Add water as needed until glaze is reached. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
Serves 6 to 8.
1 envelope active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm whole milk
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
¼ cup whole milk
- Prepare Dough: In mixer bowl, stir together yeast, water and pinch of sugar. Let stand 5 mins. Add sugar, salt, egg, milk and 3 tbsp of the butter. Attach the flat beater, set to Stir and mix. Then mix in 2 cups of the flour in 4 additions, until a dough forms.
- Remove flat beater and attach dough hook. Set to Speed 2 and mix in remaining flour, in 4 additions. Continue kneading about 1 min. Using hands, form dough into a ball. Place back in mixer bowl, rub with remaining 1 tbsp butter and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise about 1 hour.
- Prepare Coating: Place butter in small bowl. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut dough into ½ inch pieces and roll into balls. Coat balls in butter then roll in sugar mixture. Place in prepared pan, with balls touching in layers if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake for 30-35 mins. Let cool for 15 mins on rack, then 20 mins on serving plate.
- Prepare Icing: In small bowl, stir together confectioner’s sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over loaf.