Here at TheNest.com, we want to help you make this your best summer ever. So we put together a special couples' weight loss challenge to help get you ready for it. Follow the program, and we promise that in one short month you’ll be looking and feeling better! We asked weight loss guru, and author of Skinny Chicks Don’t Eat Salads, Christine Avanti, to create a custom meal plan just for you. Read on for her tips, tricks and mouth-watering recipes geared specifically toward couples. Bon appetit!
Avanti’s weight-loss guidelines:
- Eat within one hour of waking up to kick start your metabolism.
- To speed up your weight loss, eat every 4 hours and try not to snack in-between meals. However, if you find that you are starving between meals, narrow the meal intervals to every 3 hour. Then, try to go back to every four hours as soon as your body allows.
- Drink water before, during and after meals (8-10 cups). Not a huge water drinker? Add a splash of fruit juice, a slice of fresh citrus or fresh mint if you don’t like the taste of plain water. Water helps flush out toxins and helps curb hunger -– so think of it as a must.
- Reduce your caffeine intake to 2-3 cups per day if possible. Avanti recommends switching to hot or iced green tea with lemon and a drizzle of honey. But, if you love your coffee, try drinking it black for best weight loss results.
- Avoid diet soda, refined processed packaged foods, artificial sweeteners, and any food that contains ingredients you cannot pronounce.
- It’s OK to mix up any of the meals in the plan. For example: It’s fine to have breakfast for lunch or lunch for dinner. To keep grocery shopping simplified (and your taste buds happy) feel free to repeat any meal as often as you like.
Click here for Avanti's complete couples' meal plan.
| ||Nestpert: Nutritionist Christine Avanti is a healthy weight loss specialist, author and certified chef with over 20 years of experience in the health and fitness industry. On her journey, Christine lost 30 pounds and still cannot find them! Her new book, Skinny Chicks Don’t Eat Salads (Rodale) is a fun, sassy, fool-proof weight loss guide filled with over 100 ridiculously good recipes. Blessed with the gift of gab, she has been featured on Dancing With the Stars, Rachael Ray, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Tyra, E! News, TV Guide, Fox News Channel, and The Style Network and many more. |