Looking to kick your butt into shape this year? No need to sign up for a pricey gym or expensive trainer. Download all of the workouts, tips and motivation you need -- right at your fingertips in minutes.
1. Go to the iTunes store and click “podcasts” (usually located on the left-hand side of the screen) to filter your search by podcast streams only. (To find workout video options, hit the video filter at the beginning of your search.)
2. Use the search box at the top right of the screen to browse for a podcast that’s perfect for you. Depending on what you need, search words and phrases like “fitness tips,” “workout,” “yoga” and so on.
3. You can preview all podcasts before buying and downloading them to be sure they’re what you’re looking for. (Bonus: You can also download free fitness podcasts.)
4. When you find a podcast you want, simply hit the subscribe button, and wait for it to download.
5. Once it’s completely downloaded, hook your iPod up to your computer, and wait a minute or two while it syncs up automatically and transfers the new podcast to your iPod.
6. Not sure where to start? Here’s a cheat sheet filled with some of our favorite fitness and health podcasts: iPump Downloadable Workouts, FitMusic.com, The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips and Motion Traxx.
How to lose weight together >
The at-home workout >