The Nest’s Carley Roney will be stopping by Weekend Today this Sunday (Jan 6) to share her tips and tricks for couples who are planning vacations for 2008.
If you’re a couple who may have different ideas of what a “perfect vacation” destination may be -- for example, she’s a beach bum but he's a wine connoisseur -- be sure to tune in before you book your next trip!
All-Inclusive Lover/Nature Lover: His idea of a vacation is being pampered, while she wants to indulge in the rustic, naturalistic world.
Check It Out: Linblad Expeditions: expeditions.com
- FOR HIM: While she’s exploring the great outdoors, he can enjoy lush cabins, fine cuisine that features local seafood, a variety of spa treatments, and more.
- FOR HER: Considering that Linbald partners with National Geographic, she’s guaranteed an incredible nature experience!
- PRICE: Starts at $5,000 for seven nights/eight days.
Golfer/Spa Lover: He wants to practice his Tiger-like swing, while she wants to relax like a movie star.
Where to Stay: The Boulders Resort and Spa: theboulders.com
- FOR HIM: He’ll test his swing at one of the leading Arizona golf destinations. The resort features two championship-level, Jay Morrish-designed courses known for their breathtaking surroundings and sweeping panoramic views.
- FOR HER: She’ll enjoy a 33,000-square-foot Golden Door Spa where she can relax with a massage, therapeutic baths, and refreshing treatments. Other signature elements include the meditation labyrinth, a circular tea room with vibrant desert vistas, and a heated swimming pool nestled against ancient boulders.
- PRICE: Special package: Winter Golf and Spa Getaway starts at $820 per night and up, available through April.
City Girl/Winter Lover: She would rather shop till she drops in a brand new and exciting city; he loves to pack up his skis (or snowboard) and hit the slopes!
Zurich: Where to Stay: Park Hyatt Zurich
- FOR HER: She’ll absolutely fall in love with Switzerland’s largest city that has all the metropolitan draws -- a thriving art scene, top-notch hotels -- minus those pesky drawbacks like pollution and traffic.
- PRICE: Starts at $540 per night for double occupancy.
Then head to St. Mortiz, which is only 125 miles from Zurich!
St. Mortiz: Where to Stay: Badrutts Palace Hotel: badruttspalace.com
- FOR HIM: He’ll be in ski heaven, as St. Moritz is one of the leading ski destinations in the world, and the Badrutts Palace Hotel is located near one of the most challenging ski destinations in the world!
- PRICE: Starts at $450 per night, but those looking for ultimate luxury can splurge on a $16,700-per-night Hans Badrutt Suite!
NAPA VALLEY AND CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO
Wine Enthusiast/Beach Bum: He’s a wine connoisseur; she prefers to work on her tan while sipping margaritas.
Napa Valley: Where to Stay: Candlelight Inn: candlelightinn.com
- FOR HIM: A week at the Vineyards is a perfect way to kick off the vacation. He’ll love exploring the mecca of wine, as there are hundreds of wineries in the Napa Valley area.
- PRICE: $169 and up.
Cabo San Lucas: Where to Stay: Palmilla One and Only: oneandonlyresorts.com
- FOR HER: The ‘it’ place to vacation, this resort is a celeb fave. Cabo is known for its exotic beaches, beautiful hotels, and world class golf courses.
- PRICE: $500 per night and up.
History Buff/Fisherman: She’s a bit of a bookworm and a history buff who also likes time in the sun; his idea of a great vacation is hitting the ocean in a 30-foot Mako boat for the thrills of deep-sea fishing!
Where to Stay: Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa: keywest.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels
- FOR HER: She can tour the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, where she can see the author’s home, writing studio, and Key West’s first swimming pool. She can also check out the Harry S. Truman Little White House, which is the most historic site in south Florida.
- FOR HIM: He’ll be able to charter the beautiful waters of Key West where fishing legends were born. He’ll be in all his glory with accessibility to fishing charters.
- PRICE: Winter rates start at $450 and up for double occupancy.
Clubber/Art Lover: He wants to party all night, while she wants to wander from museum to museum.
St. Petersburg: Where to Stay: Rocco Forte’s Hotel Astoria: roccofortecollection.com
- FOR HIM: The city boasts long nights with excitement just waiting to be had.
- FOR HER: Hotel Astoria can arrange a night where she can sit in the tsar's box at the Mariinsky Theatre for an evening of opera or ballet.
- PRICE: Starts at $490 and up.
TURKS & CAICOS
Foodie/Outdoorsman: She’s a gourmet who loves to indulge in delectable food and drink, while he’s in the mood for some adventure!Where to Stay: Grace Bay Club: gracebayclub.com
- FOR HIM: He’ll definitely keep busy with the wide range of activities available, including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, waterskiing, parasailing, deep-sea fishing, jet skiing, and more!
- FOR HER: Grace Bay Club offers guests the opportunity to experience “The Grace Bay Club Conch Package.” Included in the experience is a visit to the world’s only conch farm, lunch at local hotspot Da Conch Shack for traditional conch fare, and a private cooking lesson with Grace Bay Club Executive Chef.
- PRICE: $500 per night and up.
See More: Travel for Two , Love & Sex